Matthew Sedor has experienced a long and successful career in Support Service operations. Currently serving as a consultant, he has guided large hospital systems through systematic change, driving substantial supply chain and workforce results for his clients. Matt is an integral part of contract negotiations, leading team analytics in finance and labor. He has created assessment and productivity tools for EVS, developing a specialized EVS tool which quantifies work load and scope. In the past, Matt has assumed a leadership role in several workforce process improvement teams as part of the Overtime task force for ARAMARK.
Prior to consulting work, Matt spent 18 years managing support service operations for a large healthcare system as part of ARAMARK. His operational responsibility included food service, environmental services, linen distribution, call center, patient transport, pbx operators, welcome desk, coffee kiosk, and gift shop operations, with a financial spend of $25M annually. Some highlights of his experience include:
- Lead new construction of $3.9M café from ground up, creating innovative stations and engaging workforce to grow retail sales to $2M annually
- Implemented food production system, including new policy/procedure guidelines for the department which resulted in $1.9M in savings
- Unitized two facilities for EVS, streamlining work and delivering a 10 FTE workforce reduction.
- Established call center for four-hospital system, providing service for Patient Transport and EVS
- Implemented room service without adding additional staff , creating redesigned department with efficient and productive workflow.
- Led Operational Excellence program for ARAMARK in EVS and FNS
- Project Manager for 14-Hospital System in new purchasing agreement resulting in cost savings and high purchasing compliance including a substantial increase in rebate.
Matt welcomes the opportunity to create transformative change, utilizing his strengths and industry experience.
• Baptist Health System, Memphis, TN
• Northern Arizona Health System, Flagstaff , AZ
• Mercy Health System, Springfi eld, MO
• Lakeland Regional Health System, St. Joseph, MI
• SSM Health System, St. Louis, MO
• St. Joseph Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
• Lewis University, Romeoville, IL – BA Communication
• Serv-Safe Proctor – Certified